Recycling & Disposal Information:
There are several convenient options for proper disposal.
- Carver and Dakota County drop-off facilities accept bike, lawn mower, wheelbarrow, car, and truck tires (fees may apply). Tractor and other tires larger than four feet in diameter usually aren’t accepted.
- Local tire dealers recycle old tires. Most tire dealers will accept tires for a fee, even if you didn’t buy new tires from them.
- Some garbage haulers accept tires (fees may apply).
- Some landfills and transfer stations also accept tires for recycling.
- City and township clean-up events may offer tire recycling (fees may apply). Contact your city or township for more information.
- Minneapolis residents may obtain free vouchers to dispose of tires up to twice annually. Contact the City of Minneapolis Solid Waste and Recycling Division at 612-673-2917 to request a voucher.
It's illegal to put tires in the garbage or dump them along the roadside. For more information on recycling and disposing of tires, contact your county.