Recycling & Disposal Information:
Solvents and thinners should never be placed in the garbage, poured down the drain or on the ground. Always take them to a county household hazardous waste drop-off site for disposal.
- Follow the product label instructions for use and storage.
- Avoid breathing vapors. Carefully ventilate work areas, storage spaces and vehicles when transporting solvents.
- Never smoke near solvents or in a room where solvents have been recently used.
Safe Storage and Transport
- Store solvents in a labeled container out of reach of children and pets, preferably in a locked cabinet.
- Store solvents away from flames, sparks and heat sources like a furnace, boiler or water heater.
- Store and transport solvents in sealed containers.
- Transport solvents in the trunk of a vehicle if possible, but don't store solvents in the trunk.
- Don’t mix solvents.
- Don’t fill containers full because solvents need room to expand.
See other resources for properly dealing with paint.