Hazardous Waste Resources

County Hazardous Waste Offices

Please call your county's hazardous waste office for information related to hazardous waste management, rules, training opportunities, licensing and compliance assistance.

Anoka County(763) 422-7093
Carver County(952) 361-1800
Dakota County (952) 891-7557
Hennepin County
(612) 348-3777
Ramsey County(651) 266-1199
Washington County(651) 430-6655


State and Federal Agencies

The Minnesota Department of Labor & Industry

Occupational Safety and Health Division (MNOSHA) helps businesses improve workplace safety and health by providing a number of consultation and outreach services through its Workplace Safety Consultation program. 

Occupational Safety and Health Division (MNOSHA)
443 Lafayette Rd N, St. Paul (651) 284-5050

The Minnesota Department of Public Safety (DPS)

The Minnesota Emergency Planning and Community Right-To-Know Act Programpromotes public safety by coordinating information about hazardous chemical inventories and participating in emergency planning as well as public outreach. 

Minnesota Emergency Planning and Community Right-To-Know Act Program
444 Cedar St. Suite 223, Saint Paul (651) 297-7372

The Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT)

The Office of Freight & Commercial Vehicle Operations (OFCVO) provides training and information on MnDOT hazardous materials shipping requirements. The office also registers transporters and shippers of hazardous materials and hazardous waste. 

Office of Freight & Commercial Vehicle Operations
395 John Ireland Blvd, Saint Paul (651) 215-6330

The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency

Provides information, assistance, grants/loans inthe areas of waste and pollution prevention, recycling and reuse,environmental education, sustainable communities and resource conservation. Also provides information and assistance on environmental issues, including use of pollution prevention practices to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations involving air quality, surface and ground water, and solid and hazardous waste. For more information on environmental and hazardous waste requirements, download The Environmental Guide for Small Businesses in Minnesota.

Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA)
520 Lafayette Rd N, St Paul (651) 296-6300

The Minnesota Technical Assistance Program

(MnTAP) is a free, non-regulatory program with industry specialists who provide Minnesota businesses with company-specific, cost-saving solutions to waste reduction and waste management problems. MnTAP operates the Minnesota Materials Exchange Program and provides student intern services at no cost to qualifying companies. MnTAP offers an online version of the Minnesota Guide to Pollution Prevention Planning.

Minnesota Technical Assistance Program (MnTAP)
200 Oak St SE, Suite 350, Minneapolis (612) 624-1300

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)

The EPA is responsible for protecting human health and safeguarding the natural environment through policy, regulation and assistance.

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Region 5
77 West Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL (800) 621-8431