Recycling & Disposal Information:
Check with your local recycling drop-off site to see if they accept books. Residents of the Twin Cities also can bring books for recycling to these locations:
- Hennepin County Drop-Off Facilities in Brooklyn Park and Bloomington, 612-348-3777 (Paperback only)
- Dakota County Recycling Zone, 3365 Dodd Road, Eagan, 651-905-4520 (Remove hard covers)
- Pioneer Paper Stock, 155 N. Irving Ave., Minneapolis, 612-374-2280
- Coon Rapids Recycling Center, 1831 111th Ave. NW, Coon Rapids, 763-767-6485
- Books for Africa, 715 E Minnehaha Ave., St. Paul, 612-251-8896
- GreenerRead, look for drop-off bins around the region
Books also can be shipped for free to specific charities including Better World Books and St. Simon Publishing.
Most residential curbside haulers will accept paperback books. Contact your hauler to see if they accept paperback and hardcover books.
Books are non-hazardous and can be placed in the garbage if you can’t find a reuse or recycling option.