You can reuse your old, broken crayons to create your own colorful, one-of-a-kind crayons!This activity REQUIRES adult help and supervision.
What You Need
- Old crayons
- Mini-cake or mini-muffin baking tins
- Tin foil or foil baking cups
Get Help From an Adult with These Items:
- Kitchen knife
What You Do
- Collect your old and broken crayons. Peel off any paper remaining on your crayons.
- Have an adult cut the crayons into pea-size pieces using the kitchen knife.
- Have an adult to preheat the oven to 150°.
- Line your baking tins with tin foil or foil baking cups.
- Place your crayon pieces in the tins however you like. Try different color combinations and see what you get
- Once you've finished filling the tin(s), have an adult place the tin(s) in the oven.
- The tins should bake in the oven approximately 15 to 20 minutes, or just until the crayons have melted. When the crayons have melted, have an adult take the tins out of the oven to cool.
- Once your crayons have cooled, you may remove them from the tin. To speed up cooling, try putting the tins in the freezer!