Make one-of-a-kind Valentine's Day cards using magazines and old greeting cards.
Before starting this activity, be sure to get permission and ask for help.
What You Need
- Old greeting cards (Valentine's Day cards work well) and magazines
- Construction paper
What You Do
- Look through old greeting cards and magazines for pictures to use on your Valentine's Day card. Using your scissors, cut out the pictures you'd like to include on your card.
- Take a piece of construction paper and fold it in half to form your card.
- Glue the pictures you've cut out to the front of your card.
- Finish your Valentine's Day card by writing a special note inside!
You can use these directions make cards for other occasions and holidays throughout the year. If you can't reuse your greeting cards, recycle them! Many recycling programs in the Twin Cities metro area accept greeting cards made of only paper (no foil, beads, etc.) for recycling. For more information on paper recycling, check out the our Paper page.