These monsters are hungry for everything you recycle—old pop cans, paper, milk jugs, newspaper and much more!
Before starting this activity, be sure to get
permission and ask for help.
What You Need
- 2 paper bags (grocery bag or similar)
- Pipe cleaners (for handles)
- Fabric scraps, old greeting cards, bottle tops, or any other materials you can use to decorate your monster
What You Do
- Start with your 2 paper bags. Cut a large oval out of the bottom of one of the bags. Slide it into the other bag, open end first, so that the oval is on top. The oval will be your monster's mouth.
- Decorate the top of the bag with your fabric scraps or other materials to make your monster's eyes (as many as you want, it's a monster), nose, hair, teeth, etc.
- Poke a small hole on the top center, about 2 inches
from the edge, and another on the back, about 3 inches from the top. Run a pipe cleaner through the two holes and
twist together to make a handle.
Now you're ready to feed your monster! When it gets full, just untwist the pipe cleaner handles, pull the top bag out, empty the bottom bag and replace with a new one.