Your whole family can enjoy the summer breeze with this homemade, recycled wind sock!
Before starting this activity, be sure to get permission
and ask for help.
What You Need
- Plastic margarine or other type of tub, with lid
- Leftover crepe paper, party streamers, old ribbon, string or other materials
- Scissors (get help from a grownup with this)
What You Do
- Ask a grownup to cut the bottom out of your plastic tub. Then, cut the center out of the lid, but leave the outer ring intact.
- Cut your crepe paper, ribbon and other materials into 3-foot streamers. Arrange them around the top of the tub, so that they hang down over the edge.
- Snap the lid on to hold the streamers in place. Then, tuck 2 ends of a piece of ribbon under the lid to form a hanger.
- Hang your wind sock outside in a place your family can enjoy it.