The 2013 Request for Proposals is closed. Please sign up to receive periodic emails about future Community POWER grant rounds.
If you have project ideas or questions about Community POWER, please contact Laurie Gustafson at CommunityPOWER@RethinkRecycling.com or 651-252-1487.
Information about the Round 13 Grant Round, which is now closed.
About $128,000 was available for grant projects this year. It is anticipated that a minimum of one project will be funded in each of the six Solid Waste Management Coordinating Board counties-Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey and Washington.
The deadline to apply was noon, April 15, 2013. Applications were accepted online. Click here for a list of important dates.
Tips for all applicants
• Read the Community POWER Grant Guidelines.
• Consult the Community Education Toolkit.
• Attend an information session and/or contact the program manager with questions and ideas.
• Have all information ready before you start completing the application form. You cannot save the form once you start filling it out. Save yourself frustration and even print off the application (double-sided, of course!) for planning purposes to make sure you have everything you need before you start.
• Use the budget template. As part of the online application, you will upload this document.
• Model the examples: You will upload these documents with your application.
- For Mini-Grant and Traditional Grant applicants: Sample Timeline
- For Mini-Grant applicants: Goal, Objectives, Activities, Measurement and Cost
- For Traditional grant applicants: Sample Project Goals and Description
All projects must include measurement of behavior change using the Community POWER tool. Click here to view the 2012 tool.